Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 37: Pasta

So before I met Matthew, I had another love of my life.  His name was pasta.  Oh sweet carb how you so tenderly met my needs.  Tonight both loves of my life joined together around one table. Me, Matthew and Tortellini with portabella mushrooms, prosciutto, sun-dried tomatoes in a cream sauce.  I can't even explain to you how delicious this cream sauce was- thank GOODNESS I brought home a doggie bag so I can have more for breakfast! And the color! Oye! Tri-color pasta with the pink of the meat, red from the tomato and rich brown from the portabellas, it was a piece of art for sure. 

In Sunday school this week we were talking about how God is so satisfying, especially when we give up the puppeteer strings.  I, being the foodie that I am, equated this sensation to food.  I said being satisfied by God is like being satisfied by a good meal, for me that meal is usually Italian food.  You finish the meal and you aren't overly stuffed, you still have some room left in your tummy, but your tummy is so happy it needs nothing else.  You don't even crave dessert for fear that it would ruin the delicious flavor you have on your palate.  Well, I've found a new satisfying, God-analogy meal.  Tortellini Alla Ludovico.  Try it! La Fontana in Magnolia-deliscioso!

p.s. I'm starting to think I should screw this 50 days before a Mrs. Blog and start a food journal!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with the amazing goodness of Italian food, but I am sorry...my tummy craves dessert! =)

    ReplyDelete