Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 45: Why cats should get "fixed"

  There is DEFINITELY a reason why when you get an animal spade or neutered its called getting them "fixed."  To fix something implies that it is broken or not right.  Well friends, if you've ever spent an afternoon with Ella (my kitty) and me when she is in heat you definitely will agree that something is not right with her.  She does this thing that I've affectionately called the "do-me" dance and makes this horrific noise that literally brings all the boys to the yard.  Does anyone know if Kelis wrote Milkshake from a cat's perspective? There was one morning when I was leaving for work and ALL the neighborhood cats were waiting on my front porch-clearly I've raised a hooker cat.  Ella also does this strange, yet talented maneuver on the carpet.  She sticks her claws in it and drags herself over the entirety of the carpet while rolling all around like she is having a seizure. I was thinking of videotaping her for this post, but I thought that would be exposing some of her kitty rights.  I'm not even going to mention the similarities between a cat in heat and humans sex drive except to say that there are definite similarities. 
Regardless, Ella's wild and crazy sex-cat days will soon be over as I am getting her "fixed" on Friday.  She may hate me for a little while, but she will thank me in the long run-she's too young to be a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment